The wait is over for the Samsung Galaxy 8 and the getting is good if you're a new or existing Sprint customer.
Sprint's decided to give everyone a sweet deal and that includes two Samsung GS8 smartphones for the price of one. You read that right.
Let's take a minute, though, and work our way through the fine print so you know exactly what you're getting. (Besides what is arguably one of the best smartphones in the market right now).
Who gets this deal
Existing customers. New customers. Anyone in between. You just need to lease this brand new device and then have a second line activated. This is probably going to be for that new customer who happens to be your friend, co-worker, or family member who signs up.
Did you catch that? Someone needs to activate a new line and then you both can take advantage of this deal: a brand new Samsung Galaxy 8 and only pay for leasing one. In installments. On someone's activated account. Probably yours. So you'll both probably have to have a talk over coffee about who is paying the $32 a month to whom.
Still a sweet deal, though.
- Think about getting insurance. In order to take advantage of this 2-for-1 deal, this phone needs to be leased. Eventually, you will have to return it, upgrade with the Galaxy Forever deal, or buy it free and clear (if switching carriers, for example). If you return the phone while still on lease and it is damaged Sprint can say, "You broke it, you bought it" and you pay for it out of pocket. Insurance protects you from this.
- The newly activated line/ new customer in this deal can pair this Samsung Galaxy 8 with the Unlimited Freedom plan. This means unlimited data, talk, and text for $50 a month.
- You can upgrade to any latest Galaxy device after 12 lease payments (see above insurance advice).
- This deal ends on April 27, 2017. Start tapping shoulders now and see if anyone wants to sign up for a second line so you can both have the latest Samsung Galaxy!
- AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and others are also offering deals. Are they better than this? See for yourself.
The reviews are already in
Our editor got his piping hot mitts on the Samsung Galaxy 8 as soon as he could. Read more about what's great about this phone and what's not so great with his Samsung Galaxy 8 Review here. He gives the Samsung Galaxy 8 a 90/100. Read the review yourself and see if you agree.
Love sprint but not the Samsung Galaxy? No worries. Check out these sweet deals on the Sprint network:
Sprint is considered one of the "big four" carriers in the United States. Sprint's many retail locations are scattered throughout the country, and the company is headquartered in Overland Park, KS.
- Network Sprint operates a nationwide 3G/4G CDMA network on the 1900 MHz PCS band. Sprint's LTE band frequency will support bands 25 and 41.
- Coverage: Sprint consistently ranks #4 in national network coverage tests.
- Where to Buy: Sprint sells their plans and phones online and at their over 4,500 stores.
- Bring Your Own Phone to Sprint: To bring your phone to Sprint, it must be unlocked and have previously run on CDMA technology. Find out more about bringing your own phone here.
- Tethering: Customers who purchase Sprint's Unlimited Freedom Plan will get 10 GB/month for tethering purposes. Customers without the Unlimited Freedom Plan can purchase network data for $15/1GB.
- Prepaid: Sprint's prepaid arm is called Sprint Forward.
- Taxes & Fees: Sprint will charge state taxes and fees on top of your monthly cell phone plan cost.
Fact: Sprint's origins stretch all the way back to 1899 (!) with the founding of Brown Telephone Company in rural Kansas. Learn more about Sprint via our carrier review.